To be frank, 2021 was a rough year for me personally.
While I’m typically not a big “new year” person, the idea of a fresh start in 2022 is appealing.
As we move into this new year, I’ve had some time to reflect on some lessons I learned in 2021.
Here is an abbreviated version of them:
- It’s okay to rest, and you don’t have to feel guilty for not being productive all the time
- Always expecting the worst is a self-protection mechanism, but it’s okay to be cautiously optimistic
- Most things work out in your favor, if you choose to believe it
- Stay in the present because it’s all we have
- Take a moment to breathe and process your thoughts before responding emotionally
- Empathy without boundaries can be self-sabotage
- You are more than what you “do”
- Tell those you love that you love them as much as possible
- Self-acceptance is key
How are you all feeling as we move into 2022?