My boyfriend and I love these lettuce wraps. They’re surprisingly easy to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup of matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup of white onion
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 1/4 cup of water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- Sauce of choice (I use a store bought one, the “hoisin garlic teriyaki” from the Soy Yay brand)
How to cook them:
- Brown the ground chicken
- Toss in the carrots, white onion, green onion, water chestnuts, and minced garlic
- Cook until veggies are soft
- Pour in sauce
- Raise the heat until the sauce is boiling
- Cut the heat and simmer on low to thicken the sauce
- Scoop into leafed iceberg lettuce
- & Enjoy!
You can serve the mixture in lettuce cups, over rice, or even in egg roll wrappers!
Let me know if you try this recipe out!