Having started my first year of law school on August 17, 2020 I am officially four weeks into law school!
My school is 100% online this semester.
Even though my first month of law school is not what I expected it to look like, I am grateful to be receiving a legal education and hopeful that I will be able to experience law school on-campus one day.
Here are some tidbits of information from my first month of law school…
Classes I am taking:
- Legal Research
- Legal Writing
- Civil Procedure
- Criminal Law
What a typical weekday has looked like:
- Read for tomorrow’s classes
- Review for today’s classes
- Attend classes on Zoom
- Finish reading for tomorrow’s classes
- Work on quizzes/assignments if needed
What a typical weekend has looked like:
- Friday: read for 2/3 classes on Monday
- Saturday: read for the last class on Monday and first class on Tuesday
- Sunday: outline and work on quizzes/assignments if needed
What has worked thus far:
- Going to bed around the same time every night
- Showering first thing in the morning to “wake up”
- Making coffee at home
- Organizing my reading notes on Google Docs by the date of class
- Making Sunday a “non-reading” day and outlining that day instead
- Walking my dog every night
What I need to work on:
- Not snoozing my alarm clock & getting out of bed on the first alarm
- Taking more concise notes and not trying to copy things verbatim
- Getting out of the house during the weekdays
- Using the Pomodoro method to prevent mental fatigue
This first month has been a learning curve but I am determined to stay the course, try my best each day, and keep the big picture in mind.
Wish me luck!